This unit involves the high-level safe driving skills and knowledge required by car drivers to enable them to apply safe driving behaviours. This includes higher order skills, such as hazard perception, risk control and safe driving judgement, decision making and multi-tasking.
[su_button url=”#course-info” background=”#F2440B” size=”5″ radius=”5″ icon=”icon: calendar”]Book an Upcoming Course Date[/su_button]
[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#e9e9e9″ size=”1″]
The program runs for 5 hours, usually between 8am – 3pm (times can be adjusted to suit your availability if required).
Includes a 1 hour on-road assessment.
$330.00 (GST included). Lunch included; please advise us if you have any specific dietary requirements prior to attending the course.
Full payment must be received prior to course enrolment.
We have a number of payment options.
A student who wishes to cancel their enrolment must give notice in writing. This may be via email or letter. Watto Training staff who are approached with initial notice of cancelation are to ensure the student understands their rights with regards to the refunding of tuition fees. The student is also to be advised of other options such as suspending the enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Students who give written notice to cancel their enrolment and who are eligible for a refund are to be provided with a Refund Request Form. Student who may not be eligible but are requesting a refund should also be provided with the request form so the request can be properly considered by the Chief Executive Officer.
The following refund policy will apply:
Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment more than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a full refund of fees paid.
Students who give notice to cancel their enrolment less than 10 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid. The amount retained (25%) by Watto Training is required to cover the costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
Students who cancel their enrolment after a training program has commenced will not be entitled to a refund of fees.
Discretion may be exercised by the Chief Executive Officer in all situations, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal. In these cases, the student should be offered a full credit toward the tuition fee in another scheduled program in-lue of a refund. Chief Executive Officer may also authorise a refund of tuition fees if the circumstances require it.
Where refunds are approved, the refund payment must be paid to the student within 14 days from the time the student gave written notice to cancel their enrolment. Tuition refunds are to be paid via electronic funds transfer using the authorised bank account nominated by the student on the Refund Request Form.
Our Guarantee to Clients
If for any reason Watto Training is unable to fulfil its service agreement with a student, Watto Training must issue a full refund for any services not provided. The basis for determining “services not provided” is to be based on the units of competency completed by the student and which can be issued in a statement of attainment at the time the service is terminated.
Watto Training takes the privacy of students very seriously and complies with all legislative requirements. These include the Privacy Act 1988 and National Privacy Principles (2008).
A nationally recognised Statement of Attainment (TLIC3036A – Apply Safe Driving Behaviours) will be presented to applicants when all theory and practical activities are completed successfully.
NB: If competency is not demonstrated, additional on road and classroom training hours are charged at $55 per hour if required.
Skills Required to Participate in this Course
Applicants must be able to perform the following to be eligible for this course:
- Read and interpret relevant regulations, instructions, manuals, notices and signs applicable to their role of driving operations within the road transport industry
- Speak clearly and directly on matters related to driving operations within the road transport industry
- Complete documents as part of duties, including completion of relevant forms
- Identify and solve or report problems arising during the job role of driving operations within the road transport industry
- Recognise problems that may occur in the within the job role of driving operations within the road transport industry and take appropriate action to report or resolve the problems within limits of responsibility
- Recognise hazards and risks in a range of driving operation situations within the road transport industry.
- Respond appropriately to any changes in equipment, standard operating procedures and the working environment.
- Follow and apply operational and emergency plans, systems and procedures
- Comply with applicable road safety regulations and codes of practice
- Collect and interpret information needed during driving operations within the road transport industry within limits of responsibility
- Follow and apply the applicable safe working requirements and WHS/OHS procedures during driving operations within the road transport industry
For Watto Training courses, a sound understanding of English as well as basic English speaking, reading and writing skills are required.
Prior to an applicant’s enrolment being accepted, they need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- Prior completion of a course or undertaking which would have needed a similar or greater level of LLN. In this case such evidence could include proof of the successful completion of a secondary school leaving certificate, or a certificate III or higher qualification, or other evidence that would demonstrate LLN to this level.
- Completing a short LLN test at http://lln.safework.com.au/
This short test is free and you can request that the results be sent directly to the RTO by email.
- Providing other evidence of your LLN proficiency to this level or higher.
Course Enrolment and Student Handbook
Please click on the following links for the Course Enrolment Form as well as the Student Handbook, containing information on our Policies and Procedures.
Lakeside Park, Kurwongbah.
[su_divider top=”no” divider_color=”#e9e9e9″ size=”1″]
Book an Upcoming Course
This course is run on an on-demand basis. If you would like to take this course, please fill out the form below with your contact information and your preferred date. Alternatively you can call us on 1300 UPSKILL.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Watto Training RTO Number 40791