This unit involves the high-level safe driving skills and knowledge required by car drivers to enable them to apply safe driving behaviours. This includes higher order skills, such as hazard perception, risk control and safe driving judgement, decision making and multi-tasking. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements are applicable to this unit.
1 – Define and apply safe car behaviours
2 – Interpret and apply low-risk driving strategies
3 – Interpret and apply road rules applicable to safe car driving
4 – Manage collision when driving a car
5 – Demonstrate and maintain a high level of competence in car control skills
The program generally runs from 8:00am to noon or noon to 4:00pm, however start finish times have some flexibility to suit client needs. There is also a theory assignment attached to this course.
$375.00 per person (GST exempt)
Yes. Please advise us if you have any special dietary needs.
Participants must supply their own registered vehicles for the course. Vehicles should have fuel, and air in the tyres (as per manufacturer’s guidelines).
What should I wear / bring?
The candidate MUST be wearing appropriate clothing for the training day, this includes:
- Enclosed shoes (thongs and sandals are not acceptable).
- Clothing which will protect from the sun and will enable the candidate to move around under the bonnet of the vehicle.
- A hat that will protect the candidate from the sun.
- A water bottle to fill with fresh water prior to taking part in the practical component of the course.
For Watto Training courses, a sound understanding of English as well as basic English speaking, reading and writing skills are required.
Prior to an applicant’s enrolment being accepted, they need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- Prior completion of a course or undertaking which would have needed a similar or greater level of LLN. In this case such evidence could include proof of the successful completion of a secondary school leaving certificate, or a certificate III or higher qualification, or other evidence that would demonstrate LLN to this level.
- Completing a short LLN test at http://lln.safework.com.au/
This short test is free and you can request that the results be sent directly to the RTO by email.
- Providing other evidence of your LLN proficiency to this level or higher.
TLIC3036A – Apply Safe Driving Behaviours is delivered via Watto Training (RTO 40791).
A nationally recognized Statement of Attainment (TLIC3036 – Apply Safe Driving Behaviours) will be presented to applicants when all theory and practical activities are completed successfully.
NB: If competency is not demonstrated, additional on road and classroom training hours are charged at $75 per hour if required.
This course can operate from an agreed location within SE Qld.
Our trainers are selected for their industry experience, practical skills and knowledge, as well as passion for life, people and learning. The professionalism of our trainers provides clients with the reassurance that their service and delivery expectations will be met. Trainers utilize innovative training techniques and ensure a safe environment in which participants are able to transfer the theoretical and practical knowledge they have gained in the classroom to their workplaces.
Contact: Brendan Watson
Telephone: 1300 UPSKILL (1300 877 5455)
Mobile: 0459 840 006 or 0412 986 419
Watto Training RTO Number 40791