This unit involves the high-level safe driving skills and knowledge required by car drivers to enable them to apply safe driving behaviours. This includes higher order skills, such as hazard perception, risk control and safe driving judgement, decision making and multi-tasking. Licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements are applicable to this unit.
- The Fatal Five
- Drink and Drug Driving
- Failure to Wear a Seatbelt
- Driving while Fatigued
- Distraction and Inattention
- The Five Most Common Types of Crashes
- Running red lights or other traffic controls such as stop or give way signs
- When a stopped vehicle or in the process of stopping gets struck from the rear
- Running off the road and striking an object
- Swerving into another occupied lane
- Turning left and colliding with an oncoming vehicle
- The Five Rules of Observation
- Aim High in Steering
- Keep Your Eyes Moving
- Get the Big Picture
- Leave yourself an ‘out’
- Make Sure Other Drivers See You
The program generally runs from 8:00am to noon or noon to 4pm, however start finish times have some flexibility to suit client needs.
$220.00 per person (GST included)
Participants must supply their own registered vehicles for the course. Vehicles should have fuel, and air in the tyres (as per manufacturer’s guidelines).
What should I wear / bring?
The candidate MUST be wearing appropriate clothing for the training day, this includes:
- Enclosed shoes (thongs and sandals are not acceptable).
- Clothing which will protect from the sun and will enable the candidate to move around under the bonnet of the vehicle.
- A hat that will protect the candidate from the sun.
- A water bottle to fill with fresh water prior to taking part in the practical component of the course.
Driver will receive a certificate of attendance.
This course can operate from an agreed location within SE Qld.
Our trainers are selected for their industry experience, practical skills and knowledge, as well as passion for life, people and learning. The professionalism of our trainers provides clients with the reassurance that their service and delivery expectations will be met. Trainers utilize innovative training techniques and ensure a safe environment in which participants are able to transfer the theoretical and practical knowledge they have gained in the classroom to their workplaces.
Contact: Brendan Watson
Telephone: 1300 UPSKILL (1300 877 5455)
Mobile: 0459 840 006 or 0412 986 419
Watto Training RTO Number 40791