‘Workplace-based training’ refers to training that is delivered predominantly in or through the workplace. It means that most of the learning is done while you are at work and that you are assessed through hands-on tasks. It usually refers to courses that designed for people who are already working in the industry as the training provides an extension to their existing knowledge and skills.
What does workplace training involve?
Workplace training usually combines on-the-job and off-the-job training. You'll have to:
- attend all courses that are part of the industry training
- complete on-the-job assessments to show you are competent doing practical tasks, and to work towards your national certificate
- complete off-the-job assessments to work towards completing your qualification.
What are the benefits of workplace training?
In industry training you:
- earn money as you learn
- gain theoretical and practical skills at the same time
- gain one or more national certificates, depending on the programme and industry you are in
- increase your chances for a promotion, better pay or improved job opportunities
- become highly skilled in your chosen industry.
If this pathway appeals to you, then please consult Watto Training to see if you have a suitably qualified assessor in your workplace who can assess you.
To check assessor requirements please go to…
Units to Be Covered in the TAE40110
You need to complete a total of 10 units
7 are core units; and 3 are elective units
- TAEASS401B Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402B Assess competence
- TAEASS403B Participate in assessment validation
- TAEDEL401A Plan, organise and deliver group-based learning
- TAEDEL402A Plan, organise and facilitate learning in the workplace
- TAEDES401A Design and develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
Elective Units (pick three from the list below)
- TAEASS301B Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools
- TAEDEL301A Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL404A Mentor in the workplace
- TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
- TAETAS401A Maintain training and assessment information
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- BSBLED401A Develop teams and individuals
- BSBREL402A Build client relationships and business networks
$1000.00 (no GST)
Watto Training RTO Number 40791